The Developing Abilities Program was created to provide a continuation of support to children with developmental disabilities in order to meet their needs into adulthood. Children in this program reside in level 5 shift-staffed treatment foster homes and transition to supportive living when they become adults. All homes are currently located in Dane County, WI.
Each home is customized to serve the unique needs of the person living there. The environment is designed to address individual abilities and needs, including safety or health issues, and to grow with the individual as their needs change. The homes are staffed on a 24/7 basis with trained support persons and a coordinator for the home. Additional support is provided by a Family Works social worker and other Family Works staff.
What makes our program unique?
- The least restrictive environment and highest quality of life for individuals with high needs
- Energetic, caring and dedicated support persons for each individual
- Each home is truly a home – comfortably furnished and reflective of the person living there
- A focus on community inclusion and engagement
- Individualized and holistic services and supports
Contact us to learn more about level 5 shift-staffed treatment foster care or adult supportive living.
Learn more about joining our team.
Make a referral to the Developing Abilities Program.